Friday, February 18, 2011

The Cost of Non-Discipleship

“… And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple,” (Luke 14:25-27, NLT).

After reading the book Radical, by David Platt, I begin to consider the cost of non-discipleship. It challenges me, grips my heart, and floods my mind. I begin asking the question:

Is it more costly to be a disciple or to have never been one at all? ....

 Today you can join our conversation about this topic at A Moment with God! Will you read the rest on A Moment with God, with me? Oh, thank you! You are awesome!

Photobucket




6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted this because there are so many Christians who don't believe that they must be disciples of Christ. And that they must be discipled as well. When Jesus called the men of fisherman to be His disciples He first disciple them for ministry. And for some reason we as the body don't believe nor do we even teach much on discipleship. After I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior my pastor had classes at church for every new born again believer to take. The class lasted for 8 months it was allot of teaching and bible verse memory but it taught all about the family, church family, evangelism, and each Sunday you had homework to do. At first I did not know if I would make all the classes let alone getting through one class but I did and at the end I received my certificate for completion the entire course of Discipleship.Had I not got disciple I would not know what it means to be Christ disciple and to follow Him. I thank God that He helped me through it and that I took the course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing you over at Lisa's. Great post. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Left a comment over at Lisa's site...great to see ya there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna head over and check it out after lunch (LOVE the picture, btw)!
    Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the article over at Lisas... Very powerful!

    Have a Blessed Weekend Kelli!

    ReplyDelete