Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ruin My Day

Satan is poised to pounce when I am vulnerable.
He points out the flaws I already know I have.
His humiliation pushes my head down.
His accusations of past mistakes pierce my heart like a knife.
His nasty voice is like fingernails screeching across a chalkboard.
His contemptible words are weapons against me.
His sticks and stones sometimes break me.
He tricks me into thinking God doesn’t care.
He can ruin a perfectly good day in a single blow.

But not today

Today, I refuse to let the Adversary shove one more dismal tear down my face.
The razor-sharp stones he slings will not touch me.
Today, I’m going to resist his nasty attempts to shake me.
He won’t break me.
I figured out his twisted game.
I’ll foil all his plans.
I’ll take away his match before the flame manifests…before he burns me.
I’ll shield myself with the armor of God so I can stand against him.
God will wash the Devil’s rotten influence from my mind.
He will wring Satan out and hang him up to dry.

Someday, I’ll be living in a heavenly mansion on streets lined with gold. And all he will ever be is a snide, slithering snake that will burn in his own slim for all eternity.

So make a note while you're on the prowl, You will not ruin this grace girl's day... not today!

As you start a perfectly good Monday, just know the Adversary is cruising around looking for a cowardly way to spoil everything.

Don’t underestimate him.

Be alert.

Draw near to God.

Let God guide you and guard you.

You don't have to be strong enough or brave enough. God alone will give you the strength to resist temptations lurking in a pile of unsorted laundry, a stack of dirty dishes, or a child in need of an attitude adjustment.

What things can you do to fight off Satan’s attacks today?

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
~ Luke 4:7

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
~ 1 Peter 5:8


Written Just For You,


3 comments:

  1. A great post! Sadly, a lot of women are "there" right now. I also love the scriptures - very appropriate.
    God Bless you,
    Debbie
    http://writin4him.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I’ll shield myself with the armor of God so I can stand against him." ...Thank you Jesus that you give us the armor to fight the devil and that you are on the front line making a way for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen girl!! I have been fighting him the WHOLE day;) Asking the Lord to heal and strengthen my mind to think his thoughts- to take captive all those self-defeating, negative lies, I am trying my best to do everything as worship unto the Lord, and to think about Him and keep my focus on His grace, love, and truth...I want His purpose to unfold on this monday! Thank you so much for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete