Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Am I a Customer or a Co-Worker?

I wanted to let everyone know Heidi and I have been hard at work on a new website for Mothers On Mission Ministries. We will launch next week. So please forgive me for not being able to post and comment this week! This computer stuff is overwhelming for me!

I did want to leave one thought for today though. One thought that has been tinkering around in my mind.

Question: Am I a customer or a co-worker?

In a sermon I heard, a customer is defined as someone who church shops. A person who looks for what a church can give them rather than what they can offer their church. They are more concerned with etertainment than spreading the Gospel.

A co-worker is defined as someone who spends their week telling people about Jesus. Someone who is available to Jesus-at all times. Someone who constantly looks for their burning bush moment.

As believers, we bond over coffee, we bond over golf, we bond over gatherings, but do we bond over Jesus?

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that's good, Kelli! I want to be a co-worker. It's got to be about Jesus or it's not worth doing. Great point! I'm excited to about your new website. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited about the new site!!! Your ministry is such a blessing to me.

    Love this thought. I want to be a co-worker. I want to work for God each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thought! I've never heart it put like that before. I'm excited to hear more about your new site! You just gave us a teaser line - we want to hear more!
    Blessings to you both as your hearts continue to shine for Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fascinating way to look at it Kelli.. I haven't heard it referred to in those terms.

    Can't wait to see the new site! You two are always a Blessing to me, so please let me know if I can be of any assistance in getting the "computer stuff" straight. :-)

    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the new website! I want to be the best co-worker He has seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good sis and so true so many people church hop instead of giving to the church..if we had more people actually giving to the church we would be much better off...Can't wait to hear more about you guys ministry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelli - this is really good. I most definitely want to be a co-worker.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to the new website and you have asked an excellent question...I am sad to say I have been a customer before, but am striving to be a willing and able co-worker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dropped here unintentionally, the link just brought me here. In fact, I just want to kill emotions but dropping here might have reasons. I feel calm reading your articles, i was enlightened.

    I am also a mom, a single parent struggling for the my kids to survive.

    ReplyDelete