So, here we are on our extended vacation in
that I mentioned to you all. My husband is traveling over the East coast, so we decided to just call this home base for a little while. Florida
First, I want you to know that it is absolutely wonderful! The home is everything we expected and more. In fact, the first night we arrived at midnight the first thing we did was quickly slip into our suits and promptly jump into the pool!
What a sweet memory for us all.
Next, I'll honestly tell you that there are some things that aren't exactly what I expected.
Like, the rain for example... I did not realize that summer is the rainy season for
... especially South West Florida where we are staying. We're under cloud cover more than we're not and I can't count how many times I've walked into a store dry and walked out into a complete down pour. Florida
And, though I knew we'd battle the bugs here I did not really know just how many buggies were calling this place home. We race from the front door to the van to avoid a mosquito attack and then slam the doors shut to keep them out of the van.
The good out ways the bad without a doubt, but I'm learning that even so the bad can create a tone and an attitude within my heart. It can easily seep in and change the way I see everything. And once it's got a foot hold on me it is contagious and spreads to the rest of the family and we are infected.
So much in our Christian life requires intentional work and dealing with disappointments is a big part of that. When a negative attitude invades our hearts and minds we must get into the habit of turning it around and fast.
I have a little technique that is helping me. When things turn ugly I first dwell on God's Sovereignty. I remember that not one thing is a surprise to Him. Every step I take. Every hurdle I cross. Every drop of rain. Every single bug. They are all within His reach and all a part of His creation. And I can let them burden me or I can find the blessing in them.
It’s a choice.
The second thing I do is make the only choice that completely snuffs out the negative. I simply find the blessings in my situation. They are always there, for example... I actually love rain storms and we get very little rain in
, so I'm thanking Him for every drop. The kids and I are finding joy in racing from the store to the car in a compete down pour... it's just water and it'll dry. And the beach is just as much fun and a lot cooler under clouds... the ambiance is serene and peaceful and I absolutely love it. Reno
Turning it around is a necessary habit in order to Live Fully right where you are. The complaints all around seem to disappear and His glory abounds more and more.
"The Lord has established His throne in the heavens, and His sovereignty rules over all." Psalm 103:19 (NASB)
Living Fully in
and counting on… Florida
31. freshly cleaned yard
32. precious prayers of a little sweetheart
33. how they play together
34. when little miss brushes my hair
35. sweet old men carrying real handkerchiefs
36. passing time with wonderful friends
37. the scale moving down
38. everytime husband comes home
39. making plans
40. rain falling all night
41. waking up to snuggling angels
42. daddy, who never wants to let them down
43. when mr. man reads to little miss
44. the way You cover my mistakes
45. the full moon
46. warmer weather
47. darling daughters place in your kingdom
48. obediently turning my upsets over to you and faithfully receiving your peace
49. my swimming superstars
50. thunderstorms and lightening shows
51. screen covered pool with all the little buggies on the outside
52. super sweet mangos
53. juicy, delicious tomatoes
54. listening to little miss sing the Tangled soundtrack over, and over and over...
55. afternoon naps
56. fresh fish from the fish market
57. white sands
58. having husband (daddy) all to our selves
59. fireworks going off right over our heads
60. our freedom in this country
61. better yet, our freedom in Christ
62. the ocean
63. giving up my fears and letting them snorkel with dad in the middle of the ocean
64. glass bottom boat rides for me and little miss
65. family fun nights in Florida :)
66. being able to turn it around because of You