Friday, September 17, 2010

I Can Get My Own Bread, By Kelli Zaniel

"Then the Lord said to Moses, “Look, I’m going to rain down food from heaven for you. Each day the people can go out and pick up as much food as they need for that day. I will test them in this to see whether or not they will follow my instructions. On the sixth day they will gather food, and when they prepare it, there will be twice as much as usual,” (Ex. 16:4-5, NLT).

In this passage, God is training the people for a life of radical faith. We instinctively resist a style of life in which it is necessary to depend on God each day to supply our needs. Going against this temptation results in "denial of self." We want to have supplies in advance so we can feel independent. God desires for us to be interdependent.

God wants us to look at Him and really mean it when we say, "Give us this day our daily bread." Am I looking to receive my daily bread from the Creator? or am I saying, "No thank you God, I don't need you; I can buy my own bread."

Lord, help me to lay down more of me and pick up more of you today. Please don't give me too much or too little. Please just give me what I need according to your glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Thank you for making me your girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment