Sunday, December 27, 2009

"God's Handprint on 2009," By Kelli Zaniel

From Humbled Beginnings...

We began Mothers on Mission in April of 2009. Equipped with our mustard seed faith, we pressed and planted, fertilized and grew... and God caused the amazing growth from 5 to 15! Our first book was "Birds in My Mustard Tree," by Suzanne Sheppman. This book will forever tug at my heart. My small mustard seed faith blossomed as Jesus stretched it to a place I never thought possible. I began to expect, hope, anticipate and look for Him. I began reading my Bible not just for information, but for transformation! That is how my small seedling developed into a big, sturdy shoot of faith.


The mustard seed is the smallest seed you can plant in the ground. Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds of the air can perch in its shade (Mark 4:30-32).
Faith is complete and humble obedience to God's will and readiness to "go," whenever and wherever He calls us. This passage reassures me that the amount of faith doesn't matter. It could be as small as a mustard seed, but as long as it is genuine, God can use it!

God began a good work in my heart this year. He changed my ordinary life into an extraordinary daily walk with Him. God did all these things, not because of anything I could "do," for him, but for what He could "do," for me-- which was to revive my heart and to draw me into a deeper relationship with Him. He worked to equip and qualify me to join Him in his activity in our church home. Out of a small seedling of faith, God began a Bible book club, a new mothers ministry, a cookbook fundraiser, a speaker, and godly friends to encourage and be encouraged by along the way.

This past year, God has given me those, "treasures hidden in the darkness--secret riches," (see Isaiah 45:3). For me, those secret riches are each of you--women who say "yes," to God. Women who pick up their crosses as they step out of their comfort zones; women who put to death anything that may stand in the way of their relationship with Christ; and women obsessed with following the only One true God. Why does God give us these hidden treasures? He gives them so, "We will all know that He is Lord, the God of Israel, the One who calls us by name," (Isaiah 45:3).

One of my favorite verses this year has been, "The master was full of praise. 'Well done my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let's celebrate together,"'(Matt. 25:21).

Let's celebrate all that God has done this year. Let's pray for his affirmation that we are in the center of his will. Let's be ready to receive our marching orders daily as we join him "on mission," to reach lost souls, which are abundant right here in our backyards--our local mission field!

1 comment:

  1. Celebrating with you sweet friend! Ready to receive and join him at every turn and so happy to be doing it with such wonderful women of God!

    ReplyDelete