Wednesday, March 4, 2009

God's Call on My Heart By Kelli Zaniel

When I began my adventure with God to begin a women’s bible study, the “what-ifs,” started to overwhelm me. In the deepest parts of my heart, I began thinking, “what if I can’t lead a group, what if people don’t like me, what if no one comes?” I believe Satan whispers those little “what-ifs,” into our ears and breathes them into our lives in an attempt to make us second guess God and His calling for us. In 1 Peter 5:8, the bible tells us that, “the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” He wants to derail any opportunities we may have to share the light of Christ with others.

I woke up one morning and began to pray, “Lord if it is your will for me to begin a mother’s ministry at our church, please just reveal that truth.” About two hours later I got a call from a friend. I found myself telling her, “what am I doing, I am just a mom of three little girls, I have no business thinking I could do this… this is just too big for me!” She quietly and confidently reminded me of Mark 10:27, “with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” As I began to feel God’s arms wrap around me, she continued and said, “when the task seems so overwhelming and you can't do it alone, that's a sure sign it's from God because he doesn't want you to do it alone. He wants to walk along side of you and guide your journey as you trust in him each step of the way.”

I felt God’s nudge on my heart a couple of months ago and I have not been the same since. His vision was clear and my heart softened for our church and the gap that needed filling and I chose to say “yes,” to God. “Yes,” God I will honor you, “yes,” God I will serve you and “yes,” Lord I will commit to whatever you have for me and trust that you will take care of the impossible. Even though doubt sometimes takes root in us, we have to decide to step out in faith according to what we know God is telling us to do. I am overwhelmed by God and His confidence in such an unlikely person to carry out such an amazing task! I am very excited about our new mothers bible study! Please come join us and take a step of faith into knowing God’s perspective for our everyday lives.

1 comment: